Crucial Ballistix Elite 2 x 8GB (16GB) DDR4 (15-16-16-35)
Crucial has always been one of our go-to brands for reliability and ease of use, and now they have released Ballistix Elite at 3000MHz with reasonably tight timings of 15-16-16-35 and we were chomping at the bit to get the 16GB kit on our test bench. We titled the kit as 2 x 8GB because when we searched for the kit we had to search the Crucial site and found it under an 8GB search. We will link the product page on Crucial as well as a retail website (Amazon) so you don’t have to do all the searching we had to find this specific kit.
Crucial Ballistix Elite has gone to a black heat spreader that is reminiscent of Corsair’s old black Dominator spreaders except with a little shorter fin on top. With DDR4 we see a greatly increased bandwidth with faster speeds and responsiveness than previous generations of RAM. The Lifetime Warranty and Intel XMP aren’t going to hurt your feelings and we much prefer the Intel XMP as a good starting point than manually configuring from scratch!
Crucial has a fairly new Utility called M.O.D (Memory Overview Display) that can access and display the temperature sensors reading in the memory modules. We kind of slipped that in, yes Crucial has incorporated temperature sensors in some of their modules, and we believe that is a feature long overdue. We’ll be covering M.O.D. a little later, but trust us it’s not just temperature readings!
- Speeds start at 2666 MT/s
- Radically increase memory bandwidth
- Menacing black heat spreader and PCB
- Faster speeds and responsiveness than standard DDR4 memory
- Exclusive M.O.D. utility and thermal sensor allow for real-time temperature monitoring
- Intel® XMP 2.0 profiles for easy set up and configuration
- Optimized for the latest Intel platforms
- Limited lifetime warranty